Wednesday, February 22, 2006

Insane

Here's a part of a conversation for my screenwriting class.


CONNOR
I love you.

LIZ
Are you insane?

CONNOR
I’ve given it a lot of thought, and I’m in love with you.

LIZ
We’ve only known each other for two weeks.

CONNOR
And I’d like you to be my First Lady.

LIZ
You aren’t president – of anything.

CONNOR
I intend to be one day. I think you’d be a good First Lady.

LIZ
You didn’t even win City Council.

CONNOR
I think you’d be a good partner for my political career. You’d stand behind me.

LIZ
I want my own political career.

CONNOR
We’ll put you on the school board somewhere.

LIZ
It won’t work that way. I’d see it more like I’d be your Hillary and you’d be my Bill. And as long as no Monicas were involved, we’d be fine.

CONNOR
So you love me?

LIZ
No.

CONNOR
Why not?

LIZ
I think you are insane.

CONNOR
But I’m your Bill. You’re my Hillary. I’ll never have any Monicas – I promise.

LIZ
No – but I might.



Sure, part of it is based on truth...why not.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home